Link building strategies are developed following Google’s algorithm to better rank on search engines. For example, Google now gives priority to high quality links and gives them a better ranking in search engines. This change has forced organizations to place a high priority on link building in their digital marketing efforts.
The strategy of creating relevant and valuable links can be challenging. As Google’s algorithm becomes more and more sophisticated, it is also becoming much stricter on how to rank websites.
It is not easy to establish a good linking system, but there are many « White Hat » linking strategies that preserve the integrity of websites and can help you implement an effective linking strategy. Here are a few of them:
1. Writing quality guest messages
Blogs are reliable websites and an excellent way to develop link building strategies. However, it is important to contribute to trusted platforms by publishing articles on your area of expertise. Keep the following points in mind to get the best value for guest contributions:
- Choose your publications wisely: While it may be tempting to contribute to every website or blog that accepts guest contributions, it is essential that you study them carefully before publishing them. Contributing to authoritative websites with a large number of followers can increase your audience and help you grow exponentially. But a single guest post on a website that has experienced some controversy or incident can be detrimental to your brand.
- Study their publications: You don’t want to lack originality in your post. Make sure you can offer fresh content. It is important to check their archives and their writing guidelines and standards to avoid delays.
- Create content accordingly: If you’ve done your homework, it will be easy for you to create meaningful content that readers will appreciate and may be able to share on their own social media accounts or encourage them to visit your website.
2. Maximize your network
Good relationships can lead to good connections. For example, making contacts by providing relevant and meaningful comments on forums and discussion threads can be an excellent opportunity to connect with other organizations.
These social groups typically include bloggers and other experts who can invite you to their platforms and connect you with other organizations, opening doors to more networking opportunities. In addition, they can also give you valuable information that you can use to create content and implement strategies.
3. Stay informed and up to date
You’ve probably already heard about the embezzlement of information. Newsjacking involves writing about the latest news and exploiting it to promote your brand. It’s a great way to connect with your audience and establish the importance and value of your brand or product.
In addition, Google rewards links that are fresh and current. So, if you are fast enough and one of the very first to publish a newsjack article, you will rank higher in search engines. Other publications may also link to your content when they write their own article.
4. Take advantage of visual content
What makes the visuals so great is that they’re easy to share. It’s easier to earn quality links faster.
While some organizations find it impossible to create compelling visuals on a tight budget, many free or low-cost digital platforms with easy-to-use drag and drop interfaces are now widely available. They allow people without technical or design skills to create visual content easily and inexpensively.
Keep in mind that some organizations are also adopting these tools, and it’s up to you to ensure that your visuals stand out from the rest of the audience.
5. Research and analyze data
Developing your link building strategy can lead to research to help show that you are working to understand your industry and improve your brand. This research can be conducted in a variety of ways and can result in high quality links:
- Surveys: Relevant surveys are likely to get links. For example, if you are a cyber security solutions company, you may conduct a survey on a specific topic among IT managers in a certain industry. Surveys can yield interesting results, which you can publish and turn into interesting and insightful content later on. If the content is of high value, it will be picked up by many organizations in the same industry and even beyond.
- Case Studies : If surveys show that you are making an effort to understand your industry and showcase your expertise, case studies represent the success of those efforts. Case studies are proof that you provide great value to your customers and that you are ahead of your competitors. Opinion leaders will likely cite your case study if it is effective.
- Data analysis: All research requires proper data analysis. Data is important because it is generally used as a starting point for many important online discussions, especially with organizations seeking to disrupt the market.
Properly executed and reported content based on data can establish authority and strengthen your reputation, leading to more links and higher search rankings.
It is not always necessary to create content from scratch when developing your link building strategy. Publishing a list of useful resources, a homepage with links from trusted sites can show your target audience that you know what you are talking about. It will also make it easy for them to find blogs or articles that can help them understand topics in a certain niche.
Resource lists or articles usually include a short introduction to each topic, subtopic and list. These items make reading and scanning easier, especially when it is long and comprehensive.
Keep in mind that the number of useful links is important. But if you think that creating resource lists is too important for you, you can start by publishing a few resource articles. You can then extend them to the landing pages.
7. Adopt the right mindset
The linking strategies mentioned above can help you establish your presence and develop your brand online. While it may be tempting to try other means that can achieve results faster, implementing White Hat strategies can promise more lasting results.
It also allows you to avoid regulatory fines and instill the right attitude and behavior in your entire team.
It won’t be easy, but as long as you create quality content and focus on bringing value to your target audience, you’ll be on the right track.